Statement of Faith
Click here to contact us!
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and life, and the final authority in all matters to which it speaks.
- The one living, sovereign God eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The creation of all things was by the direct act of God, for His own glory. God created man, male and female, in His own image, with immortal souls.
- Man’s chief purpose for existence is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
- Adam and Eve sinned against God and so all men, descending from Adam by natural generation, are sinners by nature and by choice, and are unable to save themselves from this lost condition.
- God, in love, reached down to sinful men, all of whom deserved eternal hell, and chose in Jesus Christ, His Son, a great multitude to be saved.
- Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for the sins of His people to save them, rose bodily from the tomb, ascended into heaven, and is visibly coming to earth again as the Judge of all.
- Believers are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit who persuades and enables them to come to Christ in repentance and faith.
- Salvation is freely offered to all men, but only those who come to faith in Christ are saved.
- God calls his saved people to live holy lives according to the teaching of His Word, in gratitude for the gift of salvation, and claiming all the promises God gave us in Christ Jesus.
- The primary mission of Christians is to glorify God by seeking to win lost people to Jesus Christ, and then building them up in the faith.
- In obedience to Christ, and for growth and service, Christians are to be active in a local church.
- Believers may at times backslide, but God disciplines and restores them to repentance, so that they are never finally lost, but are kept by God’s power.
- There will be a resurrection and judgment, both of the saved and of the lost.
- The wicked will be punished eternally in hell, according to God’s perfect justice; and the righteous will be eternally blessed in heaven, to the praise of God’s infinite Grace.